This is my famous Bear’s Chili Recipe that all my friends requested back in my younger drinking days. Every time there was a big game in the winter the club I frequented back then would give me the funds and request I made enough for 20-30 people to share.
Now I make it 2-3 times a years just for family and friends and is usually a Super Bowl guaranteed dish! My family just love it and we eat it with crackers or oyster crackers and a dollop of sour cream and a spinkling of shredded cheddar cheese.
I hope all my followers enjoy this recipe and please rate my recipe and leave me a comment!!!! Go Bears!!!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ground meat I use 80/20
- 1 pound ground pork or turkey
- 1 lb stew meat cut into quarters
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1-2 can black beans
- 1-2 can white beans
- 1-2 can kidney beans I use 5 cans total of beans
- 2/3 cup (3-ounce bottle) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2-1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste) I use Tabasco
- 12 ounces beer 1 full can
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onions, pepper just until soft. Add garlic and meat; break up meat and cook until it browns completely. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 3 hours, stirring often.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.